Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I Can Do It! Conference

Recently Chiro-sis & I loaded up the car & headed to an extended weekend of learning, inspiration, & FUN! CelebratedING cell biologist Bruce Lipton was our prompting to go, but there were a lot of wonderful speakers. I'm going to break this up into a few different blog posts because there was SO MUCH that we did. So here's the beginning:

We spent the day with Bruce & Gregg. I'd not heard Gregg speak before & I'd not read any of his books, so he was an all-new experience. Fascinating stuff! 

I've been all Blah-blah-blah Bruce Lipton since we met in Sedona years ago with his Biology of Belief. He opened my eyes to the power of environment and how we can be in a state of growth, expansion & joy or we can be in a state of protection, constriction & fear. The thing he said that really shifted my thinking was,

I woke up one morning and decided to live my life in nothing less than joy.

And I thought, "That's a belief I want to adopt!"  And so here we are almost 10 years later, and I have way more joy in my life than I could have thought possible.  :-)


What Bruce & Gregg have in common is that they are both scientists who go against the mainstream dogma of what is still taught in school. Gregg showed some amazing photos of some archaeological sites of some ancient civilizations. What was fascinating is that they all had in common that there was no evidence of warfare;  they were all peaceful civilizations:
Gregg also showed a photo of a "secret library" in a Tibetan monastery. Isn't that a great question to ask when you visit? Do you have a secret library? It was a 3-story area of 1500 year old manuscripts stacked on top of each other. AND prior to that, things were written on stone tablets (also shown). Gregg asked the monk to summarize the message in the manuscripts:

All are one.

Nice. 

There's a lot of hoopla about the Mayan calendar & the end-of-the-world. Gregg pointed out that indigenous tribes around the world say that civilizations have 5000-year cycles and that this is just the end of a cycle. Bruce says it's our opportunity to evolve together as humanity and recognize that just as our bodies are made up of a community of 50 trillion cells all working together, that's what we need to do in our world. We need to recognize that we are not separate and that we need to work together as a global community. As part of his keynote address, or as I like to call it, The State of the Planet address, he said we are in the middle of a 6th global mass extinction. The good news/bad news scenario is that unlike previous mass extinctions due to climate change, asteroids, etc. this one is man-made. We're doing it to ourselves--AND we have the power to turn things around. We just need to take a cue from our cells and work together as a community.  :-)  A coupla more pix:

Ruth with Gregg's book, Deep TRuth.  :-)
Front row with Bruce, waiting for Gregg's keynote. 

No comments: