Monday, April 2, 2012

Maggie on Monday

Last Monday, Chiro-sis came over to help me do some organizing. I went to Midlothian to pick up some furniture, and she stayed behind to clean. Just as I arriving at the store, I got a call on my cell phone from the sheriff's office asking me if I had a black dog. A neighbor had called reporting a dog in the road. Maggie was lying on the porch as I drove away and wandered up there. She's never done that before. She stays close to the house, even if I can't see her right away! Anyway, she was all loaded up on a truck when Ruth came in the nick of  time to claim her. Ruth told me that she had discovered Maggie missing and had gone down to the lake looking for her. Whew!  Disaster averted!



The lawn got a bit shaggy.
This is one of Maggie's favourite spots on a nice day when I'm in the house:

Watchya lookin' at, Mag?

Lawnmower Paul, deshagging the lawn.

We were sitting sitting on the lawn & here she is sniffing my knee. 

Maggie on the deshagged lawn.


In another favourite, sunny, mulchy spot.


Hullo.


*sniff*
Here's a preview of my handy work with Ruth in the kitchen:

New sideboard, we installed the shelves, & I painted the wall green.
This is Maggie this morning as I was putting everything back in place:

Zzzzzzzz . . . . 

:-)
Outside later this morning:

Watchya lookin' at, Mag?

Tabby Bobcat.

Hullo.
When I come and sit on the porch, Maggie comes up to join me. This is my view:



From the front.


Hullo.
Later this afternoon:

Back in the mulch.
You may recall that I got grim news for Maggie in January. She was given 2 months to live by the vet. However, her 2 months is up and she's still going. There was a period of time where I couldn't get her to eat and she was losing weight. She is eating like a horse and gaining weight again. Mum has said, "She's nevah going to die, she has it too good!" She's still frail and arthritic, but she wags her tail whenever I bring my hand to pet her. When I wake up, I lie in bed and say, "Maaaaggie...good morrrrrrning!" And she thumps her tail. SO SWEET. So for now, she's doing OK. I don't know how much time we have left, but as long as she's not suffering, she's here with me. Right now she is lying here in the living room with me snoozing by my feet. SO SWEET.

No comments: